Research interests: Travelling salesman problem, Optimization algorithms, Location-based applications, Tour optimization
Group link: Machine Learning Unit
Location-based games and trip planning applications are gaining popularity worldwide. In several cases, they include the path optimization problem.
People need to know the characteristics of such a problem and planning strategies to solve them.
O-Mopsi is one of such location-based games that contains small-scale path optimization problems.
In this thesis, we study the problems contained in O-Mopsi and human performance in solving those. We present methods to estimate their difficulty and algorithms to solve them.
Thesis: Evaluation and players’ performance of the location-based game O-Mopsi
Supervisors: Prof. Pasi Fränti and Dr. Radu Mariescu-Istodor
Web implementation: O-Mopsi game , TSP algorithms
- L. Sengupta, R. Mariescu-Istodor, and P. Fränti, "Which local search operator works best for the open loop TSP?", Applied Sciences 9(19):3985, 2019.
- L. Sengupta, R. Mariescu-Istodor, and P. Fränti, "Planning Your Route: Where to Start?", Computational brain & behavior 1, (3-4) : 252-265, 2018.
- P. Fränti, R. Mariescu-Istodor, and L. Sengupta, "O-Mopsi: mobile orienteering game for sightseeing, exercising and education", ACM Trans. on Multimedia, Computing, Communications, and Applications 13 (4), 56:1-25, 2017.
- R.D. Baruah, R.M. Bhagat, M. Saikia, A. Saikia , L.B. Pathak, N. Gupta, L. Sengupta, and N. Bhattacharyya, "Using wireless sensor network for monitoring growing environment of tea in North - East India", Journal of Environmental Research and Development 8(2): 325-334, 2013.
- P.K. Karmakar, L. Sengupta, M. Maiti, and C.F. Angelis, "Some of the atmospheric influences on microwave propagation through atmosphere", American Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research 1(2): 350-358, 2010.
- L. Sengupta and Fränti, P, "Predicting difficulty of TSP instances using MST", IEEE Int. Conf. on Industrial Informatics (INDIN), Helsinki, 848-852, 2019
- N. Gupta, P.P. Gupta, P. Pramanik, A. Saikia, , L. Sengupta, R.M. Bhagat, & N. Bhattacharya, "Integration of geoinformatics and wireless sensors for smart agriculture in tea", SPIE Second International Conference on Remote Sensing and Geoinformation of the Environment (RSCy2014), Vol. 9229, p. 92290W, 2014
Last updated: 16th January 2020